Please pray with us (the MFVA Friars) as we beg the Lord for His Divine Mercy!
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
1. Begin with the Sign of the Cross, then these opening prayers: “You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.”
“O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!” (three times)
2. 1 Our Father, 1 Hail Mary and The Apostles Creed.
3. Then on the Our Father Beads of your Rosary say the following: “Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.”
4. On the 10 Hail Mary Beads say the following: “For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.”
5. (Repeat step 3 and 4 for all five decades).
6. End with (three times): “Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.”
7. Closing Prayer: “Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.”