- Do you have an age limit?
Yes. The age range for a man to enter our community is 21 – 35 years old.
- What is the status of your community?
The current status of our community is a Public Clerical Association of the Faithful.
- Where are your friaries/houses located?
The majority of the friars live at Annunciation Friary in Irondale, Alabama. We also reside in houses in Hanceville, Alabama and in Emmitsburg, Maryland.
- I’m discerning the priesthood and/or the religious life and am interested in visiting the friars. How do I go about setting up a visit?
Check out our vocation page and email the Vocation Director, expressing interest in a future visit. A phone interview will be conducted before setting up the actual visit.
- What do the initials M.F.V.A. for?
These are the initials of our community in Latin: Missionarii Franciscani Verbi Aeterni.
- When was your community founded?
Our community was founded May 2, 1987 by Mother M. Angelica Rizzo, PCPA. Currently we are a Public Clerical Association of the Christian Faithful.
- What is your charism and apostolate?
Embracing the counsels as means of personal sanctification, the community was founded for the sake of the new evangelization. Embracing all modern means of communication, the friars participate in the mission of the Redeemer. Providing for the spiritual needs of EWTN and its employees, the Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, and the pilgrims who come is the major work of our community.
- How do I sign up for the friars’ newsletter?
It is easy. Click HERE to sign-up.
- What is your association with EWTN?
The friars have a familial association with EWTN whereby we participate in the good work begun through Mother Angelica. The friars daily celebrate the Holy Mass, pray for the fruitfulness of its work, participate in its governance, assist with live shows and studio productions, welcome pilgrims and witness to the joy of the Resurrection.
- Do you have permanent brothers?
Yes, the vocation to the brotherhood is a distinct call from our Heavenly Father. Embracing the counsels and living with the priests a life of littleness, the brothers greatly assist in the salvation of men through the works of the apostolate. The path to brotherhood in our community is explained on our vocations website.